The Magnificent Seven
I know what you're thinking. What does one of the World's most influential designers take away with him on a well deserved summer vacation? Well, I have no idea. But I can share with you seven magnificent essentials you're sure to find smuggled up my tunic as I limbo through departures this summer. It's that time of year after all.
1. My brilliant Canon G12 makes everything look better than it really is, a bit like two glasses of wine.
2. Dermalogica Solar Defense Booster. Regularly being mistaken for a toddler doesn't happen by accident. This SPF 50 (yes it does go that high) keeps my pale and interesting skin just the right side of blotchy.
3. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's the only thing that stops me from looking like Noddy Holder on a daily basis. Titter ye not, the HeadBlade really did change my life, without it I'd spend the entire holiday scaring taverna cats.
4. Wherever I lay my musk (that's my home). What better stink to travel with than the glorious Diptyque Baies mini candle. Turn the ropiest Airbnb into a Mandarin Oriental at the flick of a wrist.
5. iPad KLAXON! Not only was the holiday booked on it, the entire trip will be spent on it too. I can't even remember the last time I got my Dick Francis out on holiday.
6. The Rhodia No. 8 was made for making lists, and some of my greatest have been made wearing Speedos.
7. The Caran d'Ache 849 - perfect for writing the postcards I'll never get around to posting.